In this guide, we will provide you with detailed information about the various methods for doing a hard reset of your smartphone that does not require any password and does not lose your data.
Hard Reset by
A hard reset is especially useful if you are not able to access your device's settings. This problem may arise because the phone's screen is defective or because you no longer know your password. Whatever the reason, you can do a hard reset of your ZTE Hawkeye without password.
Now, this usually requires some technical knowledge. But don't worry! We'll show you a few methods that will let you do this very easily without needing a password.
Before you get started, however, make sure that you've backed up your phone data. This is important to insure against anything going wrong with the reset or if you intend to import the data into a new phone.
Method 1 - The Soft ResetThis is the easiest way to do a reset of your ZTE Hawkeye phone. It involves rebooting the device without making any changes. A soft reset may be appropriate when the phone isn't responding as it should or if it's "frozen" and just won't react to touch. You can think of a soft reset like clearing cache from your browser.
For the easiest way to reset your phone, just follow these two simple steps:
- Step 1: Simultaneously hold down the Power and the Volume down buttons for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Step 2: As soon as your phone begins to restart, release the buttons.
Method 2 - Standard Factory ResetA standard factory reset of your ZTE Hawkeye device is an effective way for restoring your phone's performance and functionality. This reset, however, deletes all data on your device because it restores the settings to its original state (as when you bought it).
If you decide to perform a factory reset of your ZTE Hawkeye, simply follow these steps:
- Step 1: Call up your phone’s settings.
- Step 2: Select "General Management" and then select "Reset".
- Step 3: Scroll down until you see "Factory Data Reset" and choose this option.
- Step 4: When prompted, enter the device's PIN or password.
- Step 5: Then simply select "Delete all". That's it!
Method 3 - Factory Data Reset in Recovery ModeYou might not want to risk a standard factory reset (Method 2) of your ZTE Hawkeye device for any number of reasons. If this is the case, you can perform a factory reset in "Recovery Mode". This method is often used, among other circumstances, when the device is caught in a boot loop and cannot be accessed. In order to perform this kind of reset of your ZTE Hawkeye, simply follow these steps:
- Step 1: Press the Power button and select "Power Off".
- Step 2: Simultaneously push and hold down the Volume Up button and Power button. Release them once the device animation logo appears on the screen.
- Step 3: The screen will now present you with a few options. Use the Volume up and down buttons to scroll up and down until you see "Wipe Data/Factory Reset". Select this option and then press the power key.
- Step 4: When prompted as to whether you are sure that you want to delete all the data on your device, use the Volume keys to scroll and select YES. Then power off the device.
Method 4: Using the Hard Reset AppUse the download link (below) to install this app. Use a USB cable to connect your ZTE Hawkeye device to your computer, then follow the instructions presented on screen. The app will allow you to perform a hard reset without needing a password.
- Step 1: Once you have downloaded the Hard Reset app, open it and then connect your ZTE Hawkeye phone to your computer. Then select "Next".
- Step 2: Our app will search for your device's firmware version and check for any available firmware updates. When firmware is ready for download is ready, click to install the firmware.
- Step 3: The download may take some time, as long as ten minutes. Be patient. During this process, we are accessing your device's database, searching for updates and verifying the firmware version for your phone.
- Step 4: The procedure is almost finished. Once you are notified that the download is complete, tap on "Hard Reset". The reset will require about three minutes.
Method 5: Online tool for performing a Hard Reset:This method offers one more option for performing a hard reset of your ZTE Hawkeye device. It enables you to hard reset your phone without having to perform any download or installation. This option may be best if you lack or are unsure of your technical knowledge.
In just a few minutes, our Hard Reset Tool will create a unique code from your device's serial number or IMEI. This method is applicable to any android phone.
Instructions for using our Hard Reset Online Tool:
- 1. Access our tool’s page here.
- 2. Provide the app with your device's IMEI and then click "Connect". This step serves to add your ZTE Hawkeye's IMEI to our database, which enables our tool to perform the Hard Reset.
- 3. Select your device's brand.
- 4. You can now decide whether or not you want to erase all data on your phone. Our online tool will then generate the secret code best suited for resetting your device.
- 5. Now click on “Generate secret code”. The code will now be created and made available for you to download. The tool will also provide you with step-by-step instructions for using the secret code.